Strategic Arc was established in 2014 by Sanna Westwood and Craig Derry who chose to work together as they felt that, collectively, they offered potential clients a complementary range of skills, knowledge and practical implementation experience that could provide something different yet effective.
They have both been commissioners and practitioners within the social care, housing and health arenas and have covered broad agendas within these.
They also have experience of other industries and sectors and believe that this eclectic mix provides an often fresh perspective and a more strategic approach as well as being both commercially sensitive and practically minded.
Craig has 30 years experience across the Local Government, Voluntary and Private Sectors as well as in Higher Education and most recently was with Essex County Council for 9 years where he was Director of Strategic Planning and Commissioning for Adult Social Care Services.
Prior to this he managed the development of supported housing for a large learning disability service provider and held a variety of senior positions within a broad range of sectors before that. Craig has a national reputation as an insightful and constructive thinker who can envision and deliver change and
Sanna has worked in the Health, Social Landlord and Local Government sectors where she is known as an astute developer of both projects and people and has a proven ability to make a difference to both organisations and the end users of services.
Until recently, Sanna was Commissioning Manager at Essex County Council with responsibility for establishing and leading the Accommodation Strategy within Adult Social Care.
Prior to that she was a senior manager within the Supporting People programme and also an Extra Care commissioner for a large Registered Provider.
Both Sanna and Craig have worked at national and regional levels on a variety of Boards and groups and are also qualified business and personal coaches.
• Assembling a 5 year housing development business plan for a large national learning disability support and housing provider;
• Working with housing authorities and councils with social care responsibilities to develop business cases to secure capital for the delivery of high quality supported living, whilst securing budgetary efficiencies;
• Producing housing strategies for Transforming Care partnerships;
• Producing Safeguarding strategies and interim management for Adult and Children Safeguarding Boards;
• Producing a housing strategy for a council for adults with additional needs and care leavers;
• Developing a Homelessness strategy for a council for people with additional needs;
• Producing a learning disability joint strategic needs assessment and an Adult Social Care commissioning strategy for a council;
• Providing Interim Executive Management to a Domestic Abuse charity;
• Supporting a provider to develop a business plan to move their service model from registered care to supported living;
• Advising Alms House providers and supporting them to access capital and develop their portfolios;
• Advising care and support business owners on the development or disposal of their businesses;
• Tender preparation and grant applications for supported housing and care providers and a substance misuse charity;
• Internal audits and investigations, including writing and editing policies and procedures;
• Acting as 'critical friend' to business owners and senior management at turning points in their lives;
• Presenting at national conferences on housing brokerage models that we have developed and implemented;
• Coaching senior staff on their management and leadership qualities and potential;
• Presentations to conferences and seminars on a range of issues;
• Consultancy to social care case management system providers;
• Supporting providers on contractual issues and litigation with councils;
• Pro bono support to parents' groups